2010年10月14日

What do you know about Taiwan?

taiwan-flag-sky-sun-320x320

Things are like this: Aneta’s visit Toby and I guided her Lyon city,
we went Hotel de ville, old town and bellecoure for lunch, and during the dessert time,
we discussed about the impression of each other’s country.

She’s from Finland and I always confused those Scandinavian coutries with Norway, Sweden and Finland, but I knew that Santa and Nokia are two major products from Finland and there are so many lakes (made by galaxy) in her country since I was a serious student in geography class.

Then it’s her term to say something about Taiwan.
But she’s got no idea which I totally understand because we’re so far away from each other, but the point is, I , a native Taiwanese, could find a proper way to introduce my country.

I tried to introduce from our geographic location and our political issues with mainland China, and the next thing came to my mind was some high tech company brands like HTC, Acer or Asus. Yes, she recognized that brands but there’s no direct connection to Taiwan.

How about our culture?
It’s quite hard and meaningless for us to define what is the culture in Taiwan since we’re a combination of many different things, Japanese and American cultures are two major impacts and people in Taiwan can easily adapt new stuffs. It is the characteristic of an island country, we depend on imported things even included the cultrue. No, we don’t have that much historical buildings or even history but we’re kind proud of ourselves with making a economic growth during the 80s. We regard us as the most gunuine decent of Chinese culture.

People of Taiwan
I think people of Taiwan are commonly friendly and easy-going. Take me for example, I’d like to be an open-minded person and willing to experience exotic things or talking to many people as well. Yes, we have some stereotype of each culture but who has not? Besides I think people from Taiwan are down to earth and hard working.

Ever since I became an alumni of AIESEC and I seldom got the chance to introduce my country to foreigners, so maybe I shall start again.

沒有留言:

張貼留言

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...