2010年12月31日

D16 Snowglobe

12/28 Snowy, I havent seen the sun for almost 1 week…
Prague, Dresden, BerlinDresden

It takes about 6 hours of train from Prague to Berlin, so I felt like to find a place stop to rest. After search on the map, I got Dresden and Leipzig in my list. Germans don’t recommend Leipzig, they said the only thing I could see is the stupid bronze animal band, instead, they like Dresden. It is said Dresden is Florence in the east, the art capital of Germany. Sadly it was once destroyed by bomb in the second world war, but the government tried hard to reconstruct the attractions.

nEO_IMG_PC281361 Hmmm, I don’t really know these buildings.

I arrived the city in the afternoon, have no ideas about what or where to go. After asking the infos from the information center, the lady told me that walk along the road, after 10 minutes of “pleasant walk” the old town will appear. I took a Deautsch map and then start my 10 mins walk.

nEO_IMG_PC281347 Restaurants

I realize what do her mean by “pleasant walk”: there are main shopping streets consist of 5 to 6 malls on the road, even you don’t plan to buy anything, window shopping would be enough. Furthermore, after-Christmas sale had started, almost every shop showed the sign of 30%, 40% or 50% off, so that many residents came out for some fun.

Finally I arrived the old town area, and was amazed by the beautiful scene of the buildings. There was a trio played Vivaldi’s summer made the atmosphere elegant.

nEO_IMG_PC281374 Statue

I walked to the river side and the weather the snow started to fall. The famous Dresden flow slowy under the famous bridge. All the buildings, statues and gardens were covered with heavily snow. It’s a beautiful town in snowglobe.

nEO_IMG_PC281387 Christmas market with meats!!!!

nEO_IMG_PC281380 Heading for Frauenkirche

The Frauenkirche was one of the most attrations in Dresden. Built in the 18th century, the church was destroyed in the firebombing of Dresden during World War II. It has been reconstructed as a landmark symbol of reconciliation between former warring enemies. The reconstruction of its exterior was completed in 2004, its interior in 2005.

nEO_IMG_PC281402 Martin Luther statue in front of Frauenkirche

nEO_IMG_PC281436 Frame of scene

nEO_IMG_PC281520 Zwinger

It was cold outside, I walked until barely feel my toes then heading for Zwinger. Gemaldegalerie Alte Meister had the world famous painting, the Sistine Modanna.

15770-the-sistine-madonna-raffaello-sanzio Sistine Madonna

The two angels below Madonna were famous for the vivid expression. While listening to the the audio guide, I sunk into the ancient world. I like the gallery and the surrounding of the museum. Just like National Gallery in London. Still, I’d like to share some funny paintings here.

annibale carracci the enthroned madonna with saint matthew  The enthroned Madonna with Saint Matthew by Annibale Carracci

Look at the angel in the bottom of the canvas, the angelic face but with muscle body like Pascal Frey, totally weird.

noli_me_tangere_hi noli_me_tangere_hi

If you didn’t know the guy was Jesus, it would be the cover of one erotica…

trinkender_bacchusknabe trinkender_bacchusknabe

Don’t let your baby to drink wine, coz that would be wasted. They drink and pee at the same time.

Tintoretto_Jacopo-Women_Playing_MusicTintoretto_Jacopo-Women_Playing_Music

Ancient girl band usually don’t wear anything. What a good  old time!

peterpaulrubens_the_drunken_hercules peterpaulrubens_the_drunken_hercules

Next time you get hammered, please call your friend in advance. Or the next day you’ll find yourself sleep naked on the street.

10660-sleeping-venus-giorgione 1518-20PalmaVecchio-RecliningVenus Sleeping and Rest Venus

People got different views toward the same person, Venus for example, is she enjoy herself or waitinf for you?

Anyway, Dresden is a small city but worth to spend time in most of the museums. I wish that I had more time here to see the galleries and have some local food, but the train ticket had booked so I left the city in 7pm, heading for Berlin.

沒有留言:

張貼留言

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...