2010年10月13日

Superstore

I’m talking about my academic life here,
it is quite strange that I have to admit I didn’t too much effort in studying,
but at least I didn’t skip any courses so far!

P1080751 Jose’s presenting.

I am taking 4 courses this semester, 2 for the whole semester, 2 for half.
Business to business marketing and 2000 years of European history are the two courses
began in Sep and last until Dec,
Service operation management and European business system are half-semester,
so that the contact time will be 6 weeks separately.

If you fellow my facebook status, you’ll notice that I am struggling with 2000 years of European history, I took this course is that I thought I would be fun to study European history in Europe! But it turns out to be translation of historical terms and endless essay.
I am going to do a presentation next week so I am kicking my ass to focus on
Feudalism in medieval Europe and try to figure out the legislation and jurisdiction at that time. Optimistically thinking, I regard this task as introducing complecated products to clients and try to improve my skill of communication, which is applicable in the future. Also, students are required to hand in one page summary of obligatory essay each week. Since the loading are quite thick but the professoer is sophisticated and talktive, we like him a lot.

B2B marketing is the other course that I am kind of interested in and it has a trong connection with my thesis. I will introduce this session afterwards.

Last but not least course during the first period is Service operation management. The reason why I took this course is that I don’t have other options to choose and accroding to the syllabus, this one seemed interesting and useful if I decided to attend service industry. But it turns our to be … hmm … not that interested because of the lecturer is good at researching especially using formulas to figure out the best way of operation, instead of teaching. He tried to draw our attention by playing funnt videos but it seems empty and most of the time we don’t get his point in the vid.

I did a presentation for the course, Superstore, our case company and we were discussing about the correlationship between operation and service quality, and mentioned internal marketing and so on. I think the case it self is not that hard and our team, Amelie, Alison and I try to use the simplest way to solve the questions. I think it is quite interesting to discuss with others things we’re not familiar with.

沒有留言:

張貼留言

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...