2010年12月16日

D3 Cityrambler

12/15 Rain in the morning but the sun smiles the other time
Amsterdam, ParisAmsterdam

Slept on the boat was kind of an unique experience. I had twin beds, a sink and a  closet in my room, but the whole space was just half of my room in le Galion. The wall between the rooms are made of woods, you can hear someone snoring in the midnight or some erotical scream. All in all, I am not regret to sleep on the boat, open your eyes and you can see the sea immediately, feeling the chilly sea wind or talking to the captain, Roy, a guy with whole arms of tattoo.

nEO_IMG_PC153261 Vita-Nova

I decided to ramble in the city by myself today. Amsterdam is a small city, can walk to anywhere in 30 minutes. While I walked on the streets, I felt like to be noticed by others very often.

  1. An Asian guy alone in the red-light district
  2. With a good camera swinging on the neck
  3. Wore an improper snow boots without any snow
  4. Speaking fluent English but small volumn
  5. Walking on the bike way very often which is not recommended

I didn’t care too much about how others see me. Because in Amsterdam, you have the right to be yourself, do whatever you want. This is a city with least peer pressure and nobody care about your label. If I were a kid, living in an environment like this will be good.

nEO_IMG_PC153270 Boats and canals are everywhere in the city

Is Amsterdam a place for weirdos? Nope, but this is a combination of many different styles of people, incrediblely, they live together in harmony. I witness a group of white collar had an serious meeting right in the street next to the red-lighted zone. The coffeeshop serves marijuana opens beside to family Christmas decoration store.

nEO_IMG_PC153293 A collection of book covers

I felt like to ramble on the streets, sometimes the bicycle riders would shout at me coz I stood in their way, reading a map or taking pictures. But basically residents in the city were friendly to visitors. I asked a hot blonde for direction and she answered me with big smile and willing to tell me where it was, it would never happen in France, you bet. (‘Cause girls would rather speak French)

nEO_IMG_PC153296 Sunshine through the trees

And there are also something funny around the city. For example, I found a car plate with 53-GG-TV, I couldn’t help it but took this shot. GGTV? Gossip-Girl-TV?

nEO_IMG_PC153304 GGTV

nEO_IMG_PC153305 Freakingly long

And I think Dutch is similiar to German since sometimes they pronounce the same or use the same way to spell words. Like this brand, DOVENONTMOETINGSCENTRUM, which is FREAKINGLY LONG. It is a torture for Asian people to distinguish what the word consist of. Please try to speak “Ik voel me graag ei en ham hebben voor het ontbijt.”

And I went to Heineken museum. It cost me 15 euros to enter a museum, thankfully there were almost nobody in the building, the numbers of crew member were even more than visitors. I spent 2 hours slowly walked through the whole museum, and realize the power of marketing can be that significant. The fee of ticket included 2 beers at the bar, so kind of worth it i guess.

The Heinekens tried hard to avoid talking about how rich of the family were, the founder asked his mother to buy a brewery. If I were rich and my parents could buy me a brewery, I would be much more richer.

nEO_IMG_PC153320 Heineken is your good buddy

nEO_IMG_PC153330 4 ingredients to make beers

nEO_IMG_PC153354 The longest soccer table!!

I have to admit, Heineken was my least favorite beer coz its bitterness. I would never order Heineken if I didn’t have other options. But I’d like to work in the company because I saw every employees smile from inside when they’re working.

nEO_IMG_PC153367 Bicycles and canal, stereotype of Amsterdam

I tried to find free toilets on the street, but unfortunately, they got free wifi instead of free toilet, you have to pay to pee. It is non-sense for Asians to pay for toilets. If someone asked me to pay, I’d just pee in the canal, and that’s many guys do, find a quite place, unzip the jeans and enjoy the moment.

nEO_IMG_PC153378 Tulip shops

nEO_IMG_PC153394 nEO_IMG_PC153386 Bean soup

I finally tried the traditional Dutch bean soup and it was tasty!! The beans melting in the meat soup and the flavors mixed together, hot but enjoyable. I’ve found a passage of describing the soup.

Winter can be pretty unforgiving here in Holland. It's not uncommon for me to get soaked to the bone while I’m out running errands on my bike. So, knowing that I will be rewarded with a hearty meal of a soup makes it a bit more bearable. The easiest way to become acquainted with Dutch food is making and enjoying my brown bean soup. It will wrap you up like a warm blanket on a cold day.

And there’s the end of my Amsterdam tour. I spent extra 3 more days here and totally worth it. To see everything in the city, 3 days are not enough but that’s OK for me. I’d suggest people who interested in visiting museums to buy a museum card for 19E and visiting almost all the museums in the city, but not included Anne Frank Huis or sex museum or Heineken experience.

I am in Paris right now and plan to visit Rome tomorrow. Have to catch the early bus to airport. See you, goodnight!

沒有留言:

張貼留言

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...